Lean 101 for Healthcare: Edmonton
Delta South Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
$900 + GST
This two-day workshop will introduce participants to Lean for Healthcare.
Participants will become familiar with the skills, knowledge and culture related to continuous process improvement using Lean for Healthcare and will come away with a new way to look at their good work.
This workshop will introduce the participant to valuable but simple Lean tools for analyzing, understanding, and redesigning work processes. Opportunities to reduce wasted patient and worker time, dissatisfaction and errors will become apparent. An understanding of applying these tools to healthcare, and the many environments in which they can succeed, will be explored.
The participant will:
- Learn the history of Lean and Lean for Healthcare
- Learn to define and recognize what is IDEAL for Healthcare
- Recognize waste
- Understand and practice Value Stream Mapping
- Understand and practice Root cause problem solving reports (A3 reports)
- Understand collaboration and coaching support in the use of Lean tools
- Be introduced to different models of Lean implementation
- Understand the benefits and challenges of introducing Lean within a healthcare organization
While this workshop is not designed to prepare you to implement lean across your organization, it will provide you with some personal lean skills and an understanding of the potential Lean has to positively impact your organization.
Register early as group size is limited to accommodate activity and interaction.
Location: Delta South Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre, 4404 Gateway Blvd., Edmonton, 1.800.661.1122